Aggression Cookies

When I started this blog, it was my hope that my girls would join me in all these baking adventures. Even at their young ages they love to help me in the kitchen, sometimes that is a great thing, other times it is more of a trial for me, like when they stir the flour in the bowl right out onto the floor! But the older they get, the more helpful they become. Little Bug especially. (Side note: Up until now I was referring to the girls as M-ster and T-ster, to protect their identity since this is a public site. But I just wasnt feeling it, those are my husbands nicknames for them. My nicknames for them usually involve parts of their name, but then I realized that I sometimes call them "bug and monkey", because of what they reminded me of when they were born. Nice, huh? :) So from here on out they will be referred to as Bug and Monkey, for those of you who care. :)

A sign that Bug is getting better in the kitchen- she made these aggression cookies almost all by herself with the "smashing" help of Monkey! Of course I helped with some of the measuring and oven and other tough jobs. If you like the "crisp" part better than the "fruit" part of a fruit crisp, you will definitely like these crunchy cookies.

Styling and photography by little Bug herself!:
Aggression Cookies (from my fabulous sister-in-law)
1 cup brown sugar
2 cup oatmeal
1 cup flour
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. baking soda
*Mix everthing together and smash, smash, smash!- with your hands of course, thats what makes this such a great recipe for kids!
*add a little water if the dough doesnt seem to be coming together well, like ours.
*When you are done playing, err...smashing, form the dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 min.
Let your kids enjoy these cookies and the satisfaction of making a delicious cookie ALL BY MYSELF! Sound familiar? :)

Comments

Popular Posts