Zucchini Bread

I feel like I'm a little late in the season for offering up another zucchini recipe, but if you are like me, you still have several zucchini's sitting in your fridge patiently waiting to be used in some delectable way. Ive been making breads and cakes and storing them away in the freezer for this winter when zucchini is no where to be seen. This recipe comes from my mom. I have no clue where she got it, but it's a pretty good one. I found that I liked this one better the next day rather than fresh, go figure.

Zucchini Bread

1 2/3 cup flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
2 beaten eggs
1/3 cup melted butter (I substituted 2 T. of this with oil- I like the flavor of butter, but I like the moistness that oil offers)
1/3 cup water
1 cup shredded zucchini (or other squash)
1/2 cup nuts or raisins (optional)

*Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
*Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl
*Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened
*Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

Comments

Popular Posts