Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these muffins as a last minute coffee time treat for church and I didnt get a chance to try them out before serving them.  I NEVER do that.  Im way too paranoid about making sure food tastes good if Im serving it to anyone but my family.  I was especially nervous about these guys because half the flour is whole wheat and I was worried they were going to be dry.  I worried for nothing.  They were delicious!  Moist and light and sweet.  Yum!  Plus with the added whole wheat, fruit, and less sugar than most muffins, I can pretend they are healthy!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ones)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup milk
 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
3/4 cup chocolate chips

-Beat the butter and sugar until smooth in a large mixing bowl
-Beat in the mashed banana, then the egg, vanilla and milk
-Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flours and mixing until combined
-Stir in the chocolate chips
-Fill muffin liners about 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees about 20 min or until a tester comes out clean
-Remove muffins from pan as soon as you can handle them and allow them to cool on a rack

Comments

Popular Posts