Birthday Cakes

Remember the baby shower cakes I posted a couple weeks ago?  Well, the lady who hosted that shower called and asked if I would make a couple of cakes for her daughters 16th birthday, per her daughters request.  I took that as a huge compliment and was excited for another chance to practice my budding skills.  It did feel a little like de ja vu though.  She wanted the exact same cakes (a white one with cream filling and a lemon one). Except that she wanted the lemon one to be a 9x13 instead of a round one.  And she wanted butterflies, but nothing too girly,  and no pink or purple.
 I made a turning point with these cakes.  Up until now I would draw out the letters with a toothpick because writing on a cake scares me, but I decided to do without that step today and I dont think I will go back!  It makes decorating them a little faster and it feels good to have a little more confidence.
You can find the recipe for the lemon cake here.

Comments

Popular Posts