Overnight Waffles

On Sunday mornings my husband would love it if I made him pancakes or french toast of waffles or some other yummy breakfast.  Yeah, I love all those things too.  The problem?  On Sundays my morning feels rather rushed between trying to sleep in :), and getting myself and our two little girls ready for a fairly early church service.  And all I truly want to to do on Sunday morning is enjoy a cup of coffee with my hubby.  So to combat this dilemma I have been working on making "make ahead" breakfast.  I've been dabbling with making "brown and serve" cinnamon rolls, or at the very least getting as many ingredients ready the night before as I can.  But then I discovered these overnight yeast waffles.  They are the perfect solution.  So, so simple, yummy and practically zero work on Sunday morning.  I love them! 
We have one of those hotel type waffle makers that flip over.  With our iron this recipe makes 6 waffles.  You can customize this recipe to your liking.  I always use at least 1/2 whole wheat in ours and add in some flax. 

Overnight Waffles
 
2 1/4 cups flour
2 T. sugar
1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup veg oil

*In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
*Add the milk, eggs and oil, stirring to combine well.
*Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight.
*In the morning, stir up the batter and pour into your waffle iron according to your irons instructions. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts