Soft Pretzels

I have been wanting to make soft pretzels for quite some time now.  I love trying new recipes and techniques but it takes me a while to hype myself up to give it a go.  And the funny thing is that the majority of the time it ends up being so easy and makes me wish I had tried it out a long time ago.  This was one of those recipes.  The twising part scared me away!  Ha!  Wow, was it easy.  Don't be a chicken like me and give these a go soon.  I'm not going to bother re-writing the recipe since I followed the one on king arthur flour to a T and will instead link you up: Soft Pretzels
The dough was soft and very easy to work with.  I even let the little babes help roll them out to very long snakes and twist them.  Although they really couldn't do, but they thought they did a great job!
Ooh, fuzzy!  Sorry!  Bring the ends up and cross them over eachother:
Give 'em a twist and pinch the ends down.  After they are shaped you need to dip them in a water/baking soda mixture before placing thme on the baking sheet.  They will most likely come apart or at least lose their shape, no biggy, just shape them again after you put them on the baking sheet.
We sprinkled a couple of them with cinnamon and sugar after brushing them with butter. 
I didnt have any coarse or kosher salt to sprinkle on the other ones, so I just used a little table salt, it seemed to work ok.  We dipped those in some cheese sauce.
I thought they were pretty good, even though the bottoms were crunchier than I would have liked.  I might give a different recipe and technique a try next time, but the girls inhaled them like there was not tommorrow, so I guess they were a hit!

Comments

Popular Posts