Cheese Ball

I love me some cheeseball!! How about you? Are you a lover or a hater? Or maybe a lover who doesnt want to admit it? Because sadly cheeseballs have gotten the bad rap of being, well..."cheesy". Unlike me of course! :) Well, apparently Little Bug loves her some cheeseball too because that was her Valentine request! So in place of dinner we had a few appetizers- cocktail meatballs, fruit (that Bug skewered onto party toothpicks herself), this cheeseball (it was a whole ball when we started! :) and some delicious ganache covered fudgy heart brownies that will probably make an appearance here next year (sorry they didn't make it up this year- sound tempting enough to keep you loyal readers for another year?).

This cheeseball had a fairly mild taste, but can be adjusted in so many different ways to accomodate your personal preference. Try different spices or cheeses or cover it in different nuts, or leave nuts off altogether. I think it tastes best to make it a day ahead to give the flavors a chance to meld. Make one for your next party and have a "ball"! (sorry, had to throw another one in there! :)

Cheese Ball (adapted from my kitchen aide recipe book)

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups (roughly) shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
sprinkling of paprika
1/4 c (roughly) finely chopped pecans
(I usually add a dash or two of hot sauce, but forgot with this one)

*Combine all the ingredients except for the pecans and mix well, either by hand or with a mixer.
*Shape the mixture into a ball (sometimes I just use my hands, sometimes I use wax paper or seran wrap, its a little messy, just do the best you can and dont worry, the pecans do a great job of smoothing it all out)
*Roll and scoop the chopped pecans all around the cheese ball.
*Wrap in seran wrap and finish shaping if necessary. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
*Let it come to room temp. before serving so it is easier to spread or dip (about 30 min).

Comments

  1. What a fun idea! I have never even considered making one, but maybe I will for Janelle's baby shower, but how sad that she wouldn't be able to eat it! Maybe I won't:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! it's ok-you can make it Shellie; i am sure the guests will love this yumminess :) I'll just drool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts