Sugar molds


I know some of you have seen these before on my personal blog, but they are just too cute not to post again around Valentine's Day. These shaped sugars take serving coffee and tea to a whole new level. Making your guests feel pampered couldnt be easier. Or package them up cute and surprise the coffee-lover in your life.
The how to:
*Add 2 tsp. of water to 1 cup of sugar and mix together until you get the consistency of wet sand.
*Pack the wet sugar into plastic candy molds, pressing firmly. Scrape of excess for a smooth finish.
*Immediately and gently pop the sugar molds out onto a tray lined with wax paper.
*Let it sit and harden overnight. Then store in an airtight container.
-Look for a mold that is 1-1 1/2 inches across
-I usually press and unmold them one at a time because otherwise I have trouble with them "crumbling" if I try to do the whole tray at one time.
-Try tinting the water with food coloring before mixing for colored sugar molds.

Comments

Popular Posts