Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies

I've never been a big fan of chocolate chip bar cookies. In my opinion they are usually dry, crumbly and boring. So I was a little hesitant to try this recipe but the delicious looking pictures, great reviews , and simplicity convinced me to try it. And I am so glad I did! These bars are a simple chocolate chip cookie dough and they bake up so soft and delicious, even better than most regular chocolate chip cookies! Yum! I'm thinking it would make a good base for a pizza cookie. I think I will try it next time I want the girls to help with the baking.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (from www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com, orginally adapted from Cook's Illustrated)
2 1/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks (12 T) melted butter, cooled slightly
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
*Line a 9x13 with foil, letting the edges hang over and lightly grease it.
*Combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
*In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugars together.
*Add the eggs and vanilla and combine well.
*Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix.
*Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
*Spread and press into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 24-28 mins.
*Allow the bars to cool to room temp. and then lift them out of the pan and cut.

Comments

  1. mmmmmm! i bet the middle ones are the best too-all gooey and soft without the dry cookie edges! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts