Buttercream Frosting

We made cupcakes this weekend. I wanted to try out a new decorating tip. Its a multi opening one that is usually used for grass and hair- Wilton #233.
But the M-ster wanted to do pink frosting. So we made 'carnations' instead. They make me smile every time I look at them and the M-ster calls them "silly cupcakes".
It looks like a field of flowers:
I really like this buttercream frosting. Its not too sweet and pipes well. It can be stored in the fridge until ready to be used, just bring it back to room temp before using.
Buttercream Frosting (adapted from my kitchen aid recipe booklet)
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/4 c. powdered sugar, divided
Place the butter in your mixer and beat until creamy. Add the whipping cream, vanilla, salt and 1 c. of the powdered sugar. Mix on low until combined. Scrape sides of bowl. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar until combined. Then turn your mixer to med-high for about a minute until blended, creamy and thick.
*Milk can be substituted for the whipping cream if you are in a pinch, but I prefer the consistency and stability that the whipping cream offers. Mess around with the amounts of butter and sugar until you find the consistency and flavor you like.
In a Nutshell: I like this recipe. I make it A LOT!! But I look forward to experimenting with other recipes.


Comments

Popular Posts